Did you know that right now there are 800 million of us over the age of 60? And guess what else? We have a few things going for us that I didn’t even know:
- Our immune systems are stronger so we get fewer colds.
- We suffer less migraines—(maybe because we have less to think about?)
- We’re less sweaty. . .(unless you fall into the next statistic).
- 75% of people in their 80’s report better sexual satisfaction than they had in their 40’s!
- While we aren’t as good at math (that’s what calculators are for) and are slower to respond to commands, (likely purposeful), our vocabulary, spatial orientation, verbal memory, AND problem solving abilities, are better than they were in our 20s!
- We have less allergies because our immunoglobin E production (which exacerbates them) decreases as we age.
Frankly, that’s nothing to sneeze at. And if you’re my age or older–you won’t!